Well, the International Beer Day is here; and as the celebration takes off, what better way to mark the day than to learn noteworthy quotes about beer !
From Greek philosopher , Plato ; to America ’s ex- president Abraham Lincoln, Church Reformer Martin Luther , authors and sheer beer lovers alike, the quotes range from irreverent to downright hilarious !
Here, have a taste…
• He was a wise man who invented beer —Plato
• A fine beer may be judged with only one sip … but it’s better to be thoroughly sure —Czech proverb .
• I am a firm believer in the people . If given the truth , they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis . The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer . ―
Abraham Lincoln, American ex -president.
• Work is the curse of the drinking classes . ―Oscar Wilde .
• Beer is made by men , wine by God. ―Martin Luther .
• You can ’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline ― it helps if you have some kind of football team , or some nuclear weapons , but in the very least you need a beer. ―Frank Zappa , American musician , activist and filmmaker .
• Beer is intellectual . What a shame so many idiots drink it. ―Ray Bradbury , The October Country .
• There are more old drunks than there are old doctors . ―Willie Nelson,
• A man who lies about beer makes enemies. ―Stephen King, Pet Sematary.
• Depth perception and beer obviously weren’ t related. ―Katie McGarry , Author .
• Whoever drinks beer , he is quick to sleep; whoever sleeps long , does not sin ; whoever does not sin , enters Heaven! Thus, let us drink beer !—
Martin Luther .
• I like my coffee black, my beer from Germany, wine from Burgundy , the darker, the better . —
Barbara Crooker , Author .
• Whenever the devil harasses you, seek the company of men or drink more , or joke and talk nonsense, or do some other merry thing. Sometimes we must drink more , sport, recreate ourselves , and even sin a little to spite the devil, so that we leave him no place for troubling our consciences with trifles. We are conquered if we try too conscientiously not to sin at all . So when the devil says to you: do not drink , answer him: I will drink , and right freely, just because you tell me not to . ―Martin Luther .